An exciting and rare opportunity to join an ambitious new studio to create original games exclusively for a VR platform. Based in Manchester in the North West of England, They are a small highly experienced team who want to build great games to showcase this exciting new technology.
Our Client is looking for Senior VFX Artist that will be excited by the challenge of creating a visually impressive game within the constraints of VR.
• You will need to balance effects requirements between visuals, gameplay readability, performance and technical restrictions.
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions to visual effects related issues.
• Participate in R&D efforts to develop new techniques and improve the art pipeline
• 3+ years in the games industry as a VFX artist.
• Proven track record of creating high quality realistic particle effects and materials.
• Proficient in UE4 and Maya
• Experience with Unreal's Materials, Cascade, Kismet and Blueprint.
• Ability to work and contribute effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Creative problem solving skills for both artistic and technical needs.
• Strong demo reel or portfolio showcasing your most recent work.
• You understand and work within CPU and GPU budgets.
• Excited about VR.
• VR development experience
• Experience of PhysX simulation and authoring
• Experience with After Effects, Houdini, Photoshop.
• Generalist skills – Modelling, Animation, Texturing, Lighting